Oh how I LOVE food. Maybe a little too much. Whilst I was studying last semester, I ate. I ate like a woman possessed. I think I ate too much. Not always the ‘healthy’ stuff. possibly a whole lot of ‘sometimes’ stuff. Whoops I am paying for it now! (#mythighsaretouching #ohthehorror)
Usually, I eat paleo-ish. The -ish bit allows chocolate (and stuff!).
On this particular day, I whipped up a most delicious paleo quinoa (Yes – some people do not ‘do’ quinoa when paleo-ing… – that’s not me!), cauliflower, spinach and coconut milk curry. I posted a photo, and the recipe has been requested – multiple times!
Here it is. It is super simple – I use Frank the thermomix. There are Frank-less cooking options as well. Enjoy!
- enough quinoa – I usually just throw in a couple of handfuls (left overs are yum!)
- 2 eggs
- enough cauliflower – 1/4-1/2 cauli (not very specific I know, but really – you can add whatever you wish!) – chopped into florets
- handful of spinach
- 1/3 eggplant – diced
- 1 tin coconut cream – I use AYAM
- curry powder – your choice as to how hot you wish to make it!
- Steam quinoa in TMX basket (20 mins, varoma, sp 4)
- When there is 14 mins left on the timer, place your eggs in the basket, on top of the quinoa – they will ‘hard boil’ nicely
- As the quinoa is steaming, add cauli and eggplant into Varoma dish – place on top of TMX at the 10 minute mark)
- Once quinoa and vegetables are cooked – whack them all into a thermoserver (or a large bowl)
- Peel your eggs, and chop into quarters – add to quinoa and vegetable mix
- Add your spinach leaves to the quinoa mix – stir through – it will wilt ‘just right’
- No need to wash TMX bowl (WIN WIN!)
- Add curry powder and coconut milk to TMX bowl – cook 8 mins, 80’C, Sp2 (can also saute some onions and garlic first, if you wish)
- Poor the cooked curry sauce over the quinoa mix, and stir through.
Note: I sometimes cook sweet potato as well – I put it in the varoma basket at the same time I put my eggs in!
– Cook quinoa according to packet directions.
– Steam vegetables in a steamer whilst you boil your eggs underneath
– Curry sauce – mix coconut milk and curry powder in saucepan – heat it through – no need to bring to the boil (don’t forget to saute onions/garlic first if you wish!)
Give it a shot – it’s perfect for a quick lunchtime winter meal or even a post-workout meal (if you are that way inclined!)
Let me know if you make it!