Oh how I LOVE a good soup on a wild Winters day. It reminds me of when I was a child, and grandma would cook up a thick pea and ham soup (so thick that my spoon would stnad upright in it!), and we would eat it for days – with a hunk of fresh buttery white bread! MMMmmm.
Now, I like my soups less pea and ham-ish, and more broth-ish. I especially like my soup of it is easy to cook.
Enter my delicious Asian inspired (very loosely) chicken and noodle broth.
I utilised a Thermomix for this, but you can just as easily use a slow cooker, or whopping big pot on an oven top.
- 1 large chook
- carrots, celery, onions and garlic
- salt and pepper
- bok choy
- mushrooms – as many as you like!
- soba noodles
- miso paste
Method: (instructions are for TMX31)
- 1.5L water into bowl – add generous pinch of salt
- chopped carrot, celery and onion into steamer basket, PLUS crushed garlic.
- chicken into varoma basket
- cook on SP2, varoma for 1.5hrs (may need to adjust cooking time – depends on the size of your chook)
- once finished, spoon enough broth to serve your hungry people (for me – I used around 250mL) into a small saucepan
- bring to boil, and add enough soba noodle for your liking, and mushrooms
- add enough miso paste for your liking (not too much, or broth will be salty – just sayin’….)
- after 3-4mins, add bok choy to broth, and some shredded chicken
- let the bok choy wilt, and the chicken warm through
- serve and enjoy!
See! – a very easy, and delicious meal. The ingredient amounts are a little vague – just use what you have – to your flavour and liking!